2017 Ballooning Season Highlights
It’s amazing how quickly the ballooning season and summer goes, the end of October always creeps up rather rapidly and now that Halloween is over, the temperature has dropped and thoughts are turning to Christmas!
Our main flying season is April – October so many of our hot air balloon pilots head over to Myanmar to soar over the temples of Bagan during the winter. Soon enough, they will be back on UK soil to start a new 2018 flying season in Mid-March.
We have had a fantastic season this year as highlighted by our Top 5 photo pictures from our Hot Air Balloon flights over Bristol, Bath and South Wales.
1. New Bailey Balloon launched in Ashton Court, Bristol – April 2017. It was 21 years since starting Bailey Balloons so we treated ourselves to a brand new balloon!
New Bailey Balloon Flying from Royal Victoria Park in 2017
2. Flying in Wales – Our Pilot Mike got this great picture of Raglan Castle during a flight from Llanarth in September 2017
Raglan Castle in Monmouthshire
3. In May 2017, we were really lucky with the wind direction on a flight from Bath and ended up going over the Chew Valley Lakes which was a spectacular experience for the passengers on that particular flight. Even better, Josh who worked in the office over the summer, was on board with his filming equipment and created a fantastic video of his experience – check it out here
Chew Valley Lakes in May 2017
4. The Bristol balloon fiesta took place in August 2017 and although the weekend started off a bit windy, by the end of it we had some fabulous weather and flights! We have hundreds of photos taken by us and also sent in from Passengers, Crew and Pilots so it was hard to pick a favourite but we all agree this one sent in by Hayley Turner is great, she was following in another balloon over the Quarry near Ashton Court – Clive treated the passengers on board to a quick descent into the quarry before heading off over Tyntesfield House and towards Nailsea.
Hayley Turners photograph of our Red Letter Days Balloon dipping into the Quarry
5. This photo of Royal Victoria Park and the Royal Crescent in bath was taken by Shirley from our Bailey Balloon on a flight in Bath, we love the views over the Royal Crescent and the Georgian architecture.
Royal Victoria Park and the Royal Crescent in Bath
To all of our passengers, thank you for another amazing season. We enjoyed flying you all and look forward to flying you again soon! If you would like to fly with us during the 2018 season, you can purchase a voucher which is valid for 12 months, we have various options and you can spread the cost. Flights dates are available to be booked now.