We all struggle thinking of gifts to give our Dads on Father’s Day, and end up reaching for the traditional socks, ties, sporting accessories and chocolates. Why not make a change this Sunday 19th June and take your Dad on a great day out? It’s the perfect opportunity to get the family together and show that you appreciate your Dad. We’ve rounded up the best Dad-friendly days out – take a look and choose something special for the Dad in your life:
1. Get historical by treating Dad to a sightseeing tour of the World Heritage City of Bath Spa. Bath is ideal for exploring by foot, so walking tours provide an excellent way to get to know the city centre. The hop on hop off bus tours are very popular too, taking visitors on an informative tour of all the sights, including Royal Victoria Park and the Bath Skyline.
2. For petrol-head fathers, drive over to Bath Festival of Motoring this June 18th-19th to get up close and personal with over 500 vintage and classic cars & motorbikes, as well as the very latest prestige Supercars.
3. Take to the skies with a Hot Air Balloon flight from Royal Victoria Park in Bath with Bailey Balloons. Take an unforgettable flight over the historical city, launching from near the famous landmark The Royal Crescent and landing with a champagne reception in the beautiful Somerset countryside. What a great way to treat Dad this Father’s Day!
Flights from Bath, Bristol and South Wales are available on request – call the booking office to enquire 01275 375300
4. Head down to the pub for a pie and pint with your Dad to escape the rush! The Raven is perfect for a Bath-brewed ale.
5. For sports enthusiasts aim for the perfect Father’s Day at Homewood Park and take a shot at Laser Clay Pigeon Shooting. Make sure you’ve fuelled up before hand with a delectable Sunday roast – a favourite for any Father.